Content is provided by the firm.
Farleigh Wada Witt was founded in 1981 with a goal of providing clients with practical advice and experienced counsel in all facets of their operations.
We serve financial service providers, businesses, and individuals throughout the Pacific Northwest in the following areas: banking and finance, business, collections, commercial bankruptcy and litigation, creditors' rights, employment, estate and succession planning, financial services, foreclosures, litigation, real estate, and regulatory compliance.
Our attorneys provide practical advice, practice efficiency and staff matters accordingly. For any particular project or issue we determine which professional is best suited to perform the services based on expertise, cost, and other factors identified by the client.
Financial Services Expertise
A major portion of the firm’s practice is dedicated to serving financial institutions, which provides us with a depth of industry specific knowledge and experience that is unmatched in the Pacific Northwest.
For more than three decades Farleigh Wada Witt has provided practical and efficient legal solutions to protect financial institutions from operational, compliance, and legal risks. Our approach is to provide high quality personalized service at a reasonable cost. We focus on our client's precise needs rather than canned forms, policies, and procedures.
Farleigh Wada Witt is a recognized leader in banking and finance law. The firm has ranked among the top law firms by Best Lawyers for banking and finance in the Portland metropolitan area. In addition, founding shareholder Mark Wada was named 2012 Portland Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers.
Financial Services Affiliations
Farleigh Wada Witt maintains numerous affiliations with financial service trade organizations, service providers, and national and state attorney networks with which the firm contributes to and accesses significant resources related to financial services and vendor management:
- Member of and frequent speakers for the Oregon Bankers Association
- State Law representative (Oregon) at D+H Legal Counsel Network
- State Law Editors of CarLaw and HouseLaw Legal Network
- Member and Committee Member in Corporate Financial Services and Credit Union Committee of the American Bar Association
- Outside General Counsel Northwest Credit Union Association
- Frequent speakers for Credit Union National Association
- Member of Equipment Leasing & Finance Association
- Member of Lease Enforcement Attorney Network
- Member of Risk Management Association
- Member of Turnaround Management Association
Attorneys of Farleigh Wada Witt actively participate in these networks and are frequent speakers on a wide variety of financial services and compliance topics, including commercial real estate and construction lending and vendor and compliance management.