Content is provided by the firm.
Howard practices in the areas of White Collar criminal defense, civil litigation and False Claims Act representations, primarily in federal court. He has successfully represented individuals, corporations, chief executive officers and employees of corporations both publicly and closely held, in the full range of economic and White Collar cases. He has over 30 years of experience in the White Collar field.The practice areas in which Howard has concentrated include:
- Health care (Medicare and Medicaid fraud)
- Pharmaceutical litigation
- Financial institution fraud
- Procurement fraud
- Defense contracting
- Public corruption
Our practice also includes parallel civil representations in the areas of Medicare/Medicaid fraud, Securities (SEC), Antitrust Enforcement and False Claims Act representations. Additionally, administrative proceedings arising out of criminal investigations and civil enforcement actions are also part of our full service White Collar practice.
APPROACH TO HANDLING REPRESENTATIONS
Our cases are handled from an initial subpoena or search warrant, through to a grand jury investigation, ending in the case either being dropped — our first goal, either for lack of evidence or prosecutive merit, or handled through to trial or to plea and sentencing. Civil litigation is also part of our White Collar practice and handling civil matters in the above practice areas is part of what we do on a regular basis. We also conduct internal investigations for clients. We believe in individualized attention to our clients and focus on a quality practice, with a select member of clients given full personal attention. Our small setting allows for the utmost discretion and client confidentiality in the sensitive area of White Collar litigation. We pride ourselves in giving individual attention to each client and assisting them in getting through a very trying time in their lives.
COMMENDATIONS (MOST RECENT)LISTED IN FOLLOWING FOR YEAR 2011:
- Chambers, USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for White Collar Crime and Government Investigations
- Pennsylvania Superlawyers (White Collar Crime)
- Best Lawyers in America (White Collar Crime)
- U.S. News and World Report, Tier One Lawyer in Criminal Defense, White Collar, for Philadelphia Region
- AV Rated in Martindale-Hubbell
- Federal Bar Association Criminal Law Committee-Certificate of Recognition as Co-Chairman for seven years
Prior to opening his own practice, Howard was a partner in the Litigation Department of the Philadelphia law firm Blank Rome, LLP, and served as Chairman of the Litigation Department and as a member of the firm’s Management Committee during his tenure at the firm.
Prior to that, Howard had a distinguished career as a federal prosecutor in the Philadelphia U.S. Attorney’s Office, serving as Chief of the Criminal Division — in which position he supervised all attorneys in the Criminal Division during his tenure. As a prosecutor he also served as lead trial counsel in many significant criminal prosecutions and jury trials in the areas of White Collar Crime and Police and Political Corruption. He also served as a Law Clerk to Justice Robert W. Hansen of the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
A graduate of Georgetown Law School, Howard serves as an adjunct Professor of Evidence and Trial Advocacy at Temple University Law School, and conducts training programs at law firms and government agencies for ALI-ABA in trial advocacy, deposition practice, motions and oral advocacy and evidence.Howard is a frequent lecturer on topics relating to the criminal justice system and litigation practice. He is the author of the Deposition Guidebook (ALI-ABA 2007), as well as numerous articles relating to the field of litigation, and is a member of the Editorial Board of the Practical Litigator.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Wisconsin, 1976
- District of Columbia, 1976
- Pennsylvania, 1981
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D. 1976
- Editor Law & Policy in International Business, the Georgetown International Law Review
- UNDERGRADUATE: Northwestern University and University of Wisconsin, B.A. 1972 (With High Honors)
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Former Co-Chairman, Criminal Law Committee
- Member, Board of Directors, Citizens Crime Commission of the Delaware Valley
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association Criminal Justice Section
- Federal Courts Committee
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Editorial Board, The Practical Litigator
Howard Bruce Klein, formerly with Blank, Rome, LLP, carries the highest legal ability rating in Martindale-Hubbell.
The Law Offices of Howard Bruce Klein, PC serves clients in Philadelphia and throughout the eastern seaboard.