Content is provided by the firm.The Law Offices of M. Gerald Schwartzbach, P.C. accepts all types of criminal defense cases, from misdemeanors to felonies, simple to complex. Mr. Schwartzbach also litigates civil matters, including personal injury suits. He is available to counsel other lawyers with regard to criminal cases and a variety of civil matters, including those involving personal injury and family law.
A trial lawyer for almost 50 years, Mr. Schwartzbach has been the recipient of numerous distinctions. He won the nationally publicized acquittals of actor Robert Blake, civil rights lawyer Stephen Bingham and organ transplant surgeon Dr. Hootan Roozrokh. He has successfully represented NFL All-Pro running back Marshawn Lynch. He also obtained acquittals in the murder trials of NeuroLinguistic Programming co-founder Richard Bandler, and Reuben Vizcarra, a Brown Beret charged with masterminding the murder of the Police Chief of Union City, California.
Mr. Schwartzbach’s accomplishments also include
- the exoneration of Buddy Nickerson after 18 years of incarceration
- pioneering the Battered Woman's Syndrome Defense
- a denial of extradition based on a finding that Arkansas's penal system was unconstitutional
- California Supreme Court rulings that felony defendants have a right to a preliminary hearing and defendants in capital murder cases have a presumptive right to two lawyers
- a sex discrimination judgment for a female San Francisco police officer, and
- a $295 million products liability verdict.