Content is provided by the firm.
Pugsley Wood LLP is a specialty law firm dedicated to representing and protecting clients who have come forward to report fraud. Our team of whistleblower attorneys has many years of experience assisting clients with the investigation of whistleblower cases, navigating the complex statutory framework relating to these claims, maintaining the confidentiality of our clients, submitting tips or filing lawsuits, and protecting our clients against retaliation.
We have established and maintain strong relationships with prosecutors and investigators within the United States Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the IRS, and other state and federal regulatory agencies.
We have recovered over $100 million for our clients and have the resources, experience, and expertise to investigate these cases and to represent our clients from the claims process through the application process of trial. We can assist you in evaluating and bringing the following types of claims:
- Securities fraud, stock manipulation, insider trading, Ponzi schemes and other financial fraud cases reported to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Whistleblower Office under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
- Tax fraud informant cases with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) whistleblower program
- Claims involving commodities fraud and crypto fraud submitted to the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Whistleblower Program under its whistleblower program
- Tips involving bank fraud brought to the U.S. Department of Justice under the Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery, and Enforcement Act (FIRREA)
- Federal "Qui Tam" cases brought under the False Claims Act and the Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act of 2009, or FERA
- Whistleblower tips involving securities fraud on Canadian markets submitted to the Canadian Ontario Securities Commission (OSC)
- Reports involving vehicle safety problems and violations of law that can be reported to the U.S. Department of Transportation under the Vehicle Safety Act
We accept whistleblower cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we don't charge a fee unless our clients receive a reward.