Content is provided by the firm.
Located in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, Seeger Weiss LLP represents individual, corporate and government clients across the country.
Seeger Weiss LLP is perennially named by authoritative, peer-reviewed legal publications and organizations as one of the nation's top plaintiff's law firms. We have earned our reputation in a variety of legal disciplines, including securities and investment fraud, qui tam, antitrust, commercial disputes, pharmaceutical injury, personal injury, medical malpractice, environmental and asbestos exposure, consumer class actions, and product defect cases, as well as ERISA, wage and hour and wrongful termination cases.
What separates Seeger Weiss from most other firms is that we litigate each and every case as if it is going to "go the distance." Our reputation as a trial firm is well known within the legal community and to defense firms and insurance companies across the bar. This reputation, and our willingness to fight for our clients' rights through trial, is of paramount importance to reaching our ultimate goal of obtaining fair and just compensation for our clients.
Seeger Weiss LLP has "gained the respect of the plaintiffs and defense bar alike for its willingness to 'always take on the tough cases' and 'jump right into the heart of everything when everyone else is afraid,'" according to Legal 500. The National Law Journal observes that Seeger Weiss LLP attorneys consistently "rank among the country's top plaintiffs' lawyers," naming the firm to its prestigious Plaintiffs' Hot List five years running. U.S. News & World Report Best Lawyers ranks Seeger Weiss Tier 1 nationwide. The firm's lawyers have received individual praise on national and regional stages, and are consistently selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, Chambers USA, Legal 500, and Law Dragon 500, among others.
The firm's recent success includes:
• Serving as a Lead Negotiator on the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee and Settlement Committee in the Volkswagen “Clean Diesel” products liability litigation, resulting in a +$21 billion settlement, the largest corporate settlement in history.
• Chief Negotiator and Co-Lead Counsel on behalf of plaintiffs in the highly visible and contentious National Football League players’ concussion injury litigation, securing an uncapped settlement fund valued at approximately $1 billion and a medical testing program.
• Member of the Plaintiffs’ Settlement Committee and a Principal Negotiator in the Syngenta corn litigation, representing nationwide corn farmers against Swiss agrochemical giant Syngenta AG, ultimately resulting in a nationwide settlement of $1.5 billion, the largest agricultural litigation settlement in U.S. history.
• Lead Counsel for Plaintiffs in the Vioxx Litigation against Merck & Co. that resulted in historic $4.85 billion settlement of thousands of individual personal injury claims, making it one of the largest settlements of a mass litigation in U.S. history at the time.
• Lead negotiator for Plaintiffs in a $700 million mass settlement with Eli Lilly & Co. in connection with personal injury claims involving its anti-schizophrenia drug, Zyprexa.
• Lead negotiator and Co-Lead Counsel in a $41.5 million class action settlement with Merck & Co. and Schering-Plough Corp. in connection with third-party payer sales and marketing claims associated with the prescription drugs Zetia and Vytorin.
• Won a $47.5 million jury verdict as Trial Counsel for Plaintiffs in a personal injury lawsuit in New Jersey against Merck & Co. for Vioxx-related injuries, making it one of the largest verdicts ever in New Jersey.
• Won an $11,050,000 jury verdict in March 2010, which followed a $4,500,000 jury verdict in September 2006, in Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri on behalf of neighboring landowners against an industrial hog farm for odor nuisance of a rural community in Northern Missouri. Seeger Weiss continues to represent approximately 275 individuals in that litigation.
For current cases and investigations visit us at seegerweiss.com.